DKSH expands Business Unit Healthcare by acquiring Hahn Healthcare, an Australian medical engagement company. The transaction supports DKSH's strategy to offer wide market coverage across Asia Pacific and its focus on value-added services and sales force outsourcing.
Zurich, Switzerland, May 17, 2021 – DKSH has signed an agreement to acquire Hahn Healthcare, the leading healthcare professional engagement company in Australia.
Founded in 1993, Hahn has consistently been building its blue-chip pharma and consumer health client portfolio in Australia and New Zealand. With around 300 field sales staff and virtual sales representatives, Hahn provides sales force outsourcing, an attractive, cost-efficient, and flexible alternative for healthcare clients to reach their customers. Hahn also engages with general practitioners and pharmacists through medical marketing initiatives. The company educates patients via nurse support teams, telephone- and online-based coaching as well as medication education.
Craig Moore, CEO of Hahn, said: “I am so proud of our team and what we have achieved at Hahn Healthcare, which has resulted in building a business that has added value to so many people within the wider community. I can truly say that I am very excited about what we can achieve in the future by becoming part of a global player such as DKSH, offering increased opportunities to accelerate our growth of products and services.”
Hahn generates net sales of around CHF 25 million¹ at good profitability and return on capital. DKSH is acquiring 70% of the business upfront with the option for the remaining 30% after three years. The acquisition is immediately earnings accretive, and Hahn's management team and its employees will join DKSH's Business Unit Healthcare.
Bijay Singh, Head Business Unit Healthcare at DKSH, commented: “The acquisition of Hahn perfectly fits our focus on sales force outsourcing and value-added services as well as our ambition to offer wide market coverage across Asia Pacific. I am excited to see how we will leverage our joint expertise and I warmly welcome all of Hahn's employees.”
¹ Exchange rate Australian dollar / Swiss franc 1.40
For further information, please contact:
DKSH Holding Ltd.
Head, Group Investor & Media Relations
Phone +41 44 386 7315
Manager, Group Media Relations
Phone +41 44 386 7217
DKSH Business Unit Healthcare
Director, Group Communications
Phone +66 2 220 9739